Sunday, February 19, 2006

Day 17 - 18 Albury





The ride from Canberra to Albury took me through the snowy mountains. Oh my God! Insane and very challenging. Thredbo to Khancoban; 60 or so km; Curves = 10, Road = 8 (bit bumpy), Traffic = 2 (barely) and View = 9. That was the top section, but the rest was good too. Lots of blind corners which aren't my favourite, but make me into a better rider. Yellow curve signs ranging from 15 km/h to 85 km/h. I was fueled by some free cookies that Monica from the Cooma Subway slipped me. The Albury backpackers is a bit rough around the edges, but is as laid back as it gets. Went on the piss to the Bended Elbow and chilled on Day 18. We had a BBQ by the river tonight and I saw a "live" possem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY SUNSHINE!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A BLAST. WHERE IS THE DIRT AND THE CRAZY STORIES?? I am crazy busy with school, and work. I have a few stories for you later...I still find time to get out and cause some trouble! Be happy you missed our (-39) shit weather. Your pics are great. I'll be thinking of you. Remember if i would do it, you should!
jenine

Anonymous said...

Hey Cougle!!

Glad to hear that you are still alive! Nice Bike by the way. Great shot by the Opera house, it brought back some memories...wish I was still there. It's been a mild winter here in NY so far, hopefully spring is soon approaching. In case you haven't heard, Canada is kickking ass in the Olympics...13 medals so far. Women's Hockey just won the Gold! Men are not doing well yet, but it's not over yet...I have faith.
Well have a great time, try every beer...the wine is also amazing, oh... and stay away from the breakfast sausages there...but I'm sure you already know that :)

Good Luck. Enjoy. Have Fun.

Kev