Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 43 - 47, including St Paddy's




Byron Bay.
Pushed on from Forster to Byron for almost 600 km.
Highlights:
Main Beach Backpackers is dodgey, but close to the beach.
The beach patrons are a little more "fit" then I have seen to this point. I've decided tan lines are the worst thing on the planet and cdn girls should think about that!
Derek and Joan were my Irish drinking buddies for St.Paddy's. Stewart was also a drinking buddy, but he's Scottish! Sorry I couldn't make it past 12 am, ran into the whole rock star mentality after Stewart bought me a double whiskey coke. Then the shots came out!
Mastering bodying surfing. Not mastering surfing! Nipple protection would be good.
Need to build my swimming muscles.
Nice Lighthouse, too bad the clouds won't let the sun through at sunset and there is no way I could make sunrise in Byron. Was an expensive 5 days.

No comments: